Never before has the JanSan industry had so many marketing options available to small, independent distributors and boutique manufacturers with so many ways to reach customers in an affordable and effective way.
Perhaps the most effective and affordable of these new electronic tools is e-Newsletters. However, not many manufacturers or distributors participate in a regular e-newsletter program.
In a recent survey, we found that just 20% of independent distributors were using some form of e-Newsletter to communicate to their customers and prospects. It is not surprising to find that over 70% claimed they would use an e-Newsletter in their marketing if there was an easy way to do so.
E-Newsletters can level the playing ground for the small distributor and manufacturer by providing the means to stay in front of customers and prospects. People buy from people they know, like, and trust. Implementing an e-newsletter program brings you and your company in front of people on a regular basis and provides the means to let them get to know you better, trust your expertise, and eventually buy from you.
The key to success, however, is consistency, content and appearance. In our years of providing marketing services to the janitorial supply industry, we’ve seen how our customers struggle to maintain an ongoing marketing program.
When successful, professional, e-Newsletter program keeps you top-of-mind in an impressive manner it puts you on the same ground as competitors with marketing budgets that far surpass yours.
Let us share some of our secrets to consistent implementation of an e-Newsletter program:
- Plan your editorial schedule. Do not wait until the last minute to figure out what topics you will discuss. Take the time in advance to plan your topics, articles, and products that you will highlight each month.
- Tie topic to products you carry. If you have online ordering, hyperlink the product mention in the newsletter to your order entry program.
- Take the time to write the content ahead of time. If you wait until the day before you are to send your monthly message, you will find yourself consumed by other business matters and you will quickly get off-schedule.
- Don’t be afraid to take content and information from your manufacturers. They can be the best source of information!
- The graphic impact is particularly important in the visual world we live in. Make sure your graphics are appealing and sized correctly. Test and re-test your message so you are confident there are no strange spaces, line breaks, or bad images.
These are just a few pointers … you can download more tips and guidance for free with our “e-Guide to JanSan e-Newsletters” at http://www.JanSanOptimize.com.
Check out our 6-month e-Newsletter Starter Program!